If you are not currently a member of the Bennington Heights Tennis Club (BHTC) and would like to join the BHTC, please put yourself, and any of your adult family members who would like to join, on the BHTC waitlist, which can be accessed here.
- The waitlist is for adult membership only, i.e. 18 years old and older on January 1 of the new season. There is no waitlist for junior members (see junior member information below)
- Each adult who wants to join needs to be listed individually on the waitlist, regardless if you are a family or not.
- There is no fee to add your name to the waitlist.
- By submitting your information, each applicant agrees to be placed on the waitlist and to the waitlist policy (see waitlist policy below).
- The BHTC has a maximum club membership of 300 people, with priority for renewing members, so there is no guarantee that you will be registered for new season. You will be contacted once a membership spot opens up in accordance with the waitlist policy (see below).
Juniors (up to 18 years of age) are not subjected to the waitlist. Click here to register your child as a new junior member.
Existing Members do not need to add their names to the waitlist as they are automatically prioritized for renewal for the new season in accordance with returning member policy (see below).
Members and non-members may take part in programmed activities (e.g. summer camps) on an ad hoc basis, in accordance with the sign-up rules of the programmed activities.
- Existing adult members are given the option to renew their membership each season in accordance with the returning member policy (see below), before potential new members on the waitlist are invited to join.
- Each adult who wants to join needs to be listed individually on the waitlist, regardless of whether the applicant(s) are members of the same family.
- Applicants who are on the waitlist will be invited for membership to the BHTC on a first-come-first-served basis beginning March 2 according to the remaining number of membership spots (if any) after returning members have been processed as of the end of the day on March 1; provided, however, that priority will be given to residents of the City of Toronto.
- Invitations to new members will be sent out individually or in batches to maintain people’s priority on the list. If the invited applicant has not completed BHTC registration and paid membership fees for the new season by the end of day specified in the invitation email (typically 2-3 days), the applicant will be removed from the waitlist and will need to re-register on the waitlist if they become interested in the club again.
- All waitlist communications are sent exclusively by email to the address specified in the applicant’s registration. It is the responsibility of waitlist applicants to advise the club of any changes in their contact email address.
RETURNING MEMBER POLICY
- Registration for the new season will open on February 1 for all returning BHTC members.
- Online registration for the new season, together with payment to the BHTC, must be received by the BHTC by the end of day March 1 to secure your spot for new season. Note: Membership registration is not complete until your membership fees have been received.
- After March 1, returning members that have not completed membership registration will be considered on a first come/first serve basis along with all other applicants if any spots exist after waitlist applications have been processed in accordance with the waitlist policy. So please do not delay!
- Membership renewal and club announcements are sent exclusively by email to members at the addresses held on file by the BHTC. It is the responsibility of members to advise the BHTC of any changes in their contact information.
- Existing members may put their membership on hold for up to two seasons. Members that have deferred memberships in the prior season have the option to extend their deferred membership for one more season or restart their membership. Returning members that have deferred their membership in accordance with the foregoing will be considered before the waitlist is considered. So, if you are coming back this season, make sure to get your application and payment in on time.
QuestionsFor this and any related questions, please email our Membership Director at email@example.com.